The Kannur Beach Run is back with Season 4 of one of the most entertaining runs along the pristine beaches of Kannur . The race organized by the North Malabar Chamber of Commerce showcases the right blend of the scenic beauty of the district and a healthy lifestyle for the health conscious, entertainment and sports lovers over a weekend.
The run which was launched in 2015 has been a roaring success since 3 years and encouraged by the accomplishment, the Chamber has decided to increase the ambit of the run to be held on Sunday, the09th February 2020 from 6:00 AM to 10:00 AM
The Kannur Beach Run 2020 has two categories, a 10km run and a 3km Health run (For men & Women). The 10km run is for 18 years and above and the 3km is for all. Eminent personalities from various walks of life have already evinced interest and endorsed the Kannur Beach Run.
Our Brand Ambassador for Kannur Beach Run 2020 is Thonakal Gopi who is a 10,000m athlete. He won the 2014 Gold Medal in the 10,000 meter National Open Athletics and the 2016 Gold Medal in the South Asian Games with a new Games Record. Gopi has also represented India in the 2016 Asian Cross Country Championships and at the 2016 Summer Olympics.
The Kannur Beach Run will surely be a platform were everyone could get together shedding all differences and thereby give a fillip to social harmony, business, promotion of sports, tourism and all round growth of Kannur along with improving ones own self esteem and well being.
- Elite/International 10K: Road Race for men and women who are seriously into competitive running (Registration Rs.500)
- Amateur 10K: Road Race for men and women who take running as a positive lifestyle (Registration Rs.500)
- 3K Health Run: - Road Race for men and women. (Registration Rs.300) (All finishers will be given medals and all finishers of 10K & 3K can download the official certificates)
- Elite/International 10K - Men & Women: First Rs.50,000, Second Rs.25,000, Third Rs.10,000
- Amateur 10K - Men & Women: First Rs.25,000, Second Rs.15,000, Third Rs.5,000
- 3K Health Run - Men & Women: First Rs.5,000, Second Rs.2,500, Third Rs.1,000
The route of the race, drawn up in conjunction with experts in the field takes the participants through stunningly beautiful landscape and breathtaking terrain.
About 60% of the race, in fact, will be run on a road running abreast of the Arabian Sea, on the serene Payyambalam beach.
“Calling on All Lovers of Life”
The North Malabar Chamber Of Commerce