The Kannur Beach Run is back with Season 4 of one of the most entertaining runs along the pristine beaches of Kannur . The race organized by the North Malabar Chamber of Commerce showcases the right blend of the scenic beauty of the district and a healthy lifestyle for the health conscious, entertainment and sports lovers over a weekend.
The run which was launched in 2015 has been a roaring success since 5 years and encouraged by the accomplishment, the Chamber has decided to increase the ambit of the run to be held in 2021 by adding more categories and distances. The date has been tentatively fixed for Sunday, the 7th February 2021 from 5:00 AM to 9:00 AM
The Kannur Beach Run 2020 has two distances, a 10km run and a 3km Health run (For men & Women). Eminent personalities from various walks of life have already evinced interest and endorsed the Kannur Beach Run.
Our Event Ambassador for Kannur Beach Run 2020 is Sanju Samson who is an Indian Right Handed cricketer. He is the youngest batsman to score 1,000 runs in the IPL and the youngest cricketer to captain a Ranji trophy side. He represents the Kerala cricket team in domestic cricket. Our Second event Ambassador is Reeth Abraham who is an athlete and is a former Asian medalist in long jump and 100 meters hurdles, and a former national champion in heptathlon. She won the Arjuna Award in 1997 and the Rajyotsava Award in 1983. She is very active in promoting fitness among people and active lifestyles and promotes various running events and Marathons in India.
The Kannur Beach Run will surely be a platform were everyone could get together shedding all differences and thereby give a fillip to social harmony, business, promotion of sports, tourism and all round growth of Kannur along with improving ones own self esteem and well being.
- Elite/International 10K: Road Race for men and women who are seriously into competitive running (Registration Rs.500)
- Amateur 10K: Road Race for men and women who take running as a positive lifestyle (Registration Rs.500)
- Veterans 10K: Road Race for men and women above 40 years for whom running is a passion (Registration Rs.500)
- 3K Health Run: - Road Race for men and women. (Registration Rs.300)
- Members & Family 10K: Road Race for The North Malabar Chamber of Commerce members and families.
- Members & Family 3K: Road Race for The North Malabar Chamber of Commerce members and families.(All finishers will be given medals and all finishers of 10K & 3K can download the official certificates)
- Elite/International 10K - Men & Women: First Rs.50,000, Second Rs.25,000, Third Rs.10,000
- Amateur 10K - Men & Women: First Rs.25,000, Second Rs.15,000, Third Rs.5,000
- 3K Health Run - Men & Women: First Rs.5,000, Second Rs.2,500, Third Rs.1,000
- Veterans 10K - Men & Women: Men & Women: First Rs.10,000, Second Rs.5,000, Third Rs.3,000
The route of the race, drawn up in conjunction with experts in the field takes the participants through stunningly beautiful landscape and breathtaking terrain.
About 60% of the race, in fact, will be run on a road running abreast of the Arabian Sea, on the serene Payyambalam beach.
“Calling on All Lovers of Life”
The North Malabar Chamber Of Commerce